NBS (formally Northern Broaching Services) was founded in 1991. over the years NBS has built up a reputation, within the engineering industry, for quality, unrivalled service,and workmanship.
The main business was formed to provide customers with a subcontract component broaching service and quickly developed into providing a full broaching service covering:
- Design and supply of broaching tools.
- Broach tool regrinding,refurbishing, and repair.
- Broach tool management.
- Manufacture of complete components, inclusive of any broaching operations.
- All manufactured components and assemblies meet ISO 9002 standards.
In 1999 NBS extended its business with the purchase of Thomas Wareing & Company. Thomas Wareing, founded in 1939, have over the years become specialist in supplying the engineering industry with a wide range of components manufactured from Tufnol, Industrial nylon, and Steel.
Thomas Wareing also built up a reputation as specialist's in, gearcutting.The accusation of Thomas Wareing has enabled NBS to extend its business, thus providing a complete precision engineering service to its customers, whilst mantaining its specialists knowledge in the broaching field.
The formation of two companies, located under one roof, makes NBS unique in that it can now offer customers a complete engineering management service.Services such as:
- Manufacture of complete assemblies, for example,Gearboxes and traction units.
- The manufacture of components to customer specifications.
- Suppliers of Steel,Tufnol, and Industrial nylons
- The design, supply, and maintenance of broaching tools.
- The design and manufacture of broached and gearcut components.
- A management service whereby a representative from NBS will visit and advise a company on its requirements with regard to broaching equipment, operations, and procedures.
NBS have advised customers on reviewing their practices/procedures, for example, to change from a milling operation to a broaching operation, thus providing a much quicker and cost effective engineering method.